Fire Pump Service & Repair
Moose Fire Pump Service can do all major and minor pump repair and service on all major brands in your station.
The major brands that we service include but are not limited to:
Some of our specialty services that we offer but are not limited to:
- Pump overhaul for pumps that have failed the UL test. All makes can be done in your station or county shop without the need for you to run your truck long distances. Turnaround on a repair like this can be 2 days up to 1.5 weeks depending on the amount of other repairs being performed. In this service your truck will receive new impellors, impeller shaft, wear rings, packing or mechanical seals, bearings, and all associated hardware based on the manufacturer's recommendations. Old style American La France owners will need to call and make special arrangements because of the access issues associated with obtaining parts for ALF twinflo pumps.
- Waterous - overhaul only - from $6800
- Hale - from $6000 - with re-worked hubs and new wear rings.
- Darley - Call for pricing due to the different styles of pumps.
- American La France - Call for pricing due to parts availability.
- FMC- Call for pricing - No parts are made for these pumps but I have refurbished parts.
- All PTO and portable pumps - Call for pricing.
- Pump transmission repairs and overhauls. Moose Fire Pump Service can do full pump transmission overhauls. We pull the transmission at your location and take it back to our full service shop and repair it with all new bearings, seals, and gaskets, and reinstall it at your location. This usually takes 3 to 5 days depending on the extent of repairs to be performed and parts availability. We are experienced in all major pump brands. From a leaking seal to spun bearings, we can repair it!
- Relief valve system. If your water pressure relief system is not functioning then your truck is not safe to operate. We do trouble shooting and repairs on all major relief valve systems to include but are not limited to Waterous relief valves and intake relief valves, Hale relief valves and TPM. Darley relief valves, Elkhart amd Akron intake relief valves, and Class One pressure governors. We can do all of these repairs in house. We also retro fit relief valve systems for those trucks that have water governors that are not produced anymore and do not function.
- Primer systems. If your primer is not working then your truck is not prepared to draft. We offer repairs of all types of primer systems from the new to the old. We have most motors, pumps, valves, and switches in stock. Tired of that oilless primer not pulling a draft? Call us and we will give you some pointers on how to make it work like new. We can also convert it to a oiled primer system.
- Pump service. We can perform your yearly pump maintenance. Please see Testing.
- Other Repairs. Moose Fire Pump Service can do a variety of other repairs on fire trucks to include but are not limited to:
- plumbing replacement and hose replacement
- installation of new discharges
- intakes or reworking of old ones
- adding booster reels and deck guns
- installation of new water and foam level gauges
- pressure and vacuum gauges
- controls, and many other pump related repairs
- complete tank replacement program
- FMC Ram pump owners. Having problems obtaining replacement impellers, wear rings or impellers shafts? Moose Fire Pump Service repairs and fabricates these parts. We have new FMC impellers, shafts and wear rings in stock for immediate delivery.